Vision & Objectives
- Create a unified and visually appealing town
- Reinforce and improve existing streetscape character
- Improve arrival experience
- Encouraging landscaping at key locations that is consistent, high-quality and represents the landscape character of the town
- Feature landscaping and/or public artwork in selected locations
- Improve the visual appeal of carparking areas
- Enhance visual continuity between the two key commercial precincts divided by the railway tracks.
- Improve visual appeal with lighting placement
- Create a local sense of place by reinforcing identity and telling local stories through the choice of materials and placemaking
- Reinforce visual and physical connections to the surrounding landscape and heritage
- Encourage safe pedestrian movement from one side of the railway tracks to the other.
- Connect the community and visitors to the surrounding natural landscape
- Facilitate walkable streets
- Improve mobility access, circulation, safety and connectivity in the pedestrian and cycling network
- Create links and way-finding methods to enhance locals and visitors experience of the township with particular regard for key community assets - the creek, the shopping strip, the station and community spaces.
- Generate more activity
- Improve current land uses such as outdoor dining
- Create future opportunities to increase activity of surrounding land use
- Provide places for gathering, sports, play, resting and dining in a landscaped or sheltered setting• Provide centralised amenities to encourage visitors to remain and engage within the town centre.
- Embrace opportunities to increase passive irrigation and stormwater
- Increase the capacity of existing green networks to enhance biodiversity and habitat corridors
- Ensuring the retention and renewal of the significant mature street trees and the character of leafy streetscapes