This project is now closed
At the May 2022 Ordinary Council Meeting the following recommendation was adopted by Council:
- Notes the following results from the community survey
a. Scenario 1 (Waste and Recycling fortnightly, FOGO weekly and Glass monthly) – 36.34% (294 votes)
b. Scenario 2 (Waste fortnightly, Recycling and Glass monthly and FOGO weekly) – 33.99% (275 votes)
c. Scenario 3 (Waste weekly, Recycling fortnightly, GOGO weekly and Glass monthly - 29.67% (240 votes)
- Adopts the community preference of kerbside collection Scenario 1 which includes:
- Residual Waste (Bin with the Red lid) Fortnightly Collection
- Comingled Recyclables (Bin with the Yellow lid) - Fortnightly Collection
- Food Organics & Garden Organics (Bin with the Green lid) - Weekly Collection
- Glass (Bin with the Purple lid) - Monthly Collection
Read the engagement report here
To meet State Government requirements, Council is required to introduce a mixture of kerbside glass bins and transfer station drop off points to suit our rural population and organisational needs.
These changes will take place from 1 July 2025, when the current contract expires, so there is still ample time to prepare for the changes.
We now need our community’s help in assisting Council determine the best kerbside collection configuration for when we roll out the new four-bin system in July 2025. The new glass bin will be collected monthly.
Using our current bin system as the base case, three alternate four-bin configuration options have been determined by a consultant - listed as ‘Scenario 1, 2 & 3’ (see table). We want your help to determine which scenario you would like to see by completing the poll below.
Have your say - complete our poll
Which scenario do you prefer?
This poll has concluded.