Have your say: Draft Governance Rules
We’re seeking input into our Draft Governance Rules.
The Governance Rules contain:
- processes for Councillors, committee members and staff to declare conflicts of interest
- Council’s Election (Caretaker) Period Policy
- processes for the election of Mayor and (if required) Deputy Mayor and chairs of delegated committees or community asset committees
- procedures for Council meetings, including the Audit and Risk Committee, any delegated committees and community asset committees.
Key proposed changes are:
- Revised conflict of interest rules to reflect learnings from state-wide implementations and recommendations from the Independent Broad-based Anti-Corruption Agency (IBAC).
- Availability of rules to address serious disruptions of Council Meetings
- Simplification of processes.
Under the Local Government Act 2020 Council’s Governance Rules must be reviewed one year before scheduled Victorian Council elections.
Submissions close at 5pm, Wednesday, September 13, 2023.